Welcome to the ATM Seminar website
In a continuous effort to further the science that is necessary to lead to a harmonized global Air Traffic Management (ATM) system, since 1997 the Federal Aviation Administration and the EUROCONTROL Organization have jointly organized an international conference series focused on Air Traffic Management Research and Development. These conferences have been held in both Europe and the USA.
Air Traffic Management (ATM), which in the ICAO ATM Global Concept document, is defined as “the dynamic, integrated management of air traffic and airspace - safely, economically, and efficiently - through the provision of facilities and seamless services in collaboration with all parties”. ATM encompasses airspace organization and management, flow and capacity management and en-route, terminal and airport air traffic control.
These conferences are aimed to create and reinforce working and personal relationships between leading experts and researchers in the ATM R&D community, share available results and build and maintain consensus on major issues.
After completion of another successful seminar, the United States Federal Aviation Administration and the EUROCONTROL Organization will jointly organize the Eleventh USA/Europe Seminar on ATM R&D in Lisbon, Portugal in June 2015.
Look for the ATM2015 Call for Papers in April 2014.
- 10th Seminar - 2013 Chicago, Illinois
- 9th Seminar - 2011 Berlin, Germany
- 8th Seminar - 2009 Napa, CA, USA
- 7th Seminar - 2007 Barcelona, Spain
- 6th Seminar - 2005 Baltimore, MD, USA
- 5th Seminar - 2003 Budapest, Hungary
- 4th Seminar - 2001 Santa Fe, NM, USA
- 3rd Seminar - 2000 Napoli, Italy
- 2nd Seminar - 1998 Orlando, FL, USA
- 1st Seminar - 1997 Saclay, France